Thirteen Firefox Extentions I Can’t Live Without
We’re all switching over to our personal edition number for the Thursday Thirteen, so this is my 22nd TT!! Woo hoo!
1. A9 Toolbar – This is my absolute favorite Firefox extension! It puts a search engine on your toolbar that works just as well as Google, but for using this search engine, Amazon.com will give you a discount of 1.57% on all orders! It’s not a huge discount, but you’ve gotta use a search engine anyways, you might as well get a discount for it! The search engine also has a sidebar that calls up books from Amazon.com that are relevant to your search (though you can close this option if you want, it’s not disruptive).
2. Calculator – This is another excellent extension. I find myself using the calculator all the time on the computer, and this calculator is exactly like the Windows PowerToy calculator. However, instead of having to go Start->Programs->blah blah blah, you just click a button on your toolbar, and it opens the calculator in a new tab! It’s great !
3. SessionSaver – I have used this one so much. I’m one of those people who will have eight or nine tabs open at any given time, and sometimes I want to remember them all, but I don’t really want to add them to my bookmarks, and I know that I’m going to want to see them all at one time. SessionSaver will save all the tabs that you have open under one convenient bookmark-like option in the tools menu!
4. del.icio.us Complete – Do you use del.icio.us? Then you SHOULD be using this extension! Easy to save new sites to your del.icio.us, and easy to open up your del.icio.us to see your bookmarks!
5. Skype Toolbar for Firefox – This makes phone numbers on webpages clickable so that you can call them through Skype! Want to order a pizza, but need to look up the phone number? Go to yellowpages.com or something, and the phone number will be clickable! Free call from your computer! And if you’re not using Skype . . . oh buddy, we need to talk!
6. Adblock (and also Adblock Filterset.G) – Great for filtering out sites and ads that are just junk or spam. Makes for a cleaner browsing experience !
7. Google Notebook – Want to remember something about a site? Forget something and need to make a note about it? Google Notebook is the way to go, and there is a very handy extension which makes using Google Notebook so easy that you can’t imagine not using it!
8. 1-ClickWeather – Puts your current weather and a forecast down on the status bar of your browser. Really helpful when you’re trying to get dressed in the morning !
9. PDF Download – Tired of viewing PDFs in your browser and accidentally closing them, only to realize you didn’t save them? PDF Download gives you options for viewing PDFs . . . open it? Save it? The choice is yours . . .
10. FireFTP – Simple and free FTP client that opens in a new tab in your browser. Super easy, super efficient, super necessary.
11. Web Developer – A great toolbar for all web developers. View CSS, view source, disable scripts, auto-enter forms, the works! This toolbar is chock full of goodies!
12. Tabbrowser Preferences – Enhances the simple tab features in Firefox.
13. UI Tweaker (Formerly Toolbar Cleanup) – Allows you to change the settings in Firefox to what works the best for you!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Leave me a comment and I’ll give you a shout out!