A Plan and Some Questions for Y’all!!!
1. After my sad post the other day, I did some hardcore searching for state blogging groups/rings/sites.
2. My results? There’s not much. At all. As in, I found groups for only a handful of states, none of which are in the South!
3. So what should I do? Take Bug‘s suggestion – start something myself.
4. However, I decided that just starting a ring for Florida or North Carolina wasn’t going to be enough. There’s obviously a lack of Southern blog groups out there – and there were a couple I found that were just Southern in general, but they were definitely aimed at women (which, while I obviously have no problem with that, it does kind of leave half the species out of the running).
5. So I’m working on a new project. It will be a place for Southern bloggers to find both state and regional representation. Contests, spotlights, possibly memes . . . all the good stuff !
6. However, while I am totally prepared to take over the majority of the work, I am going to need to coordinate some with a representative blogger from each state. Which brings me to my questions . . .
7. Are you a blogger? Do you live in one of these states?
If so, please email me or tell me this in the comments. Even if you have zero interest in helping out with this, I’d love to get an idea of where people are from!
8. Do you consider your state Southern, and it wasn’t mentioned above? Let me know!
9. Are you from all over the South? For example, I was born and raised in Georgia, I’ve technically lived in Florida for about 10 years, but I’ve been up here in North Carolina for the past four and a half years because of college. If I had to pick just one state to join, I’m not sure which one I’d pick!
10. Are you a Southerner, but you live somewhere else now? I’ve got ideas for you too – let me know who you are!
11. And now, a few non Southern-centric questions. In a blogging group, what are the most important things you look for? Contests? Awards? Memes?
12. If there was one thing that you absolutely cannot stand in a blogging group, what would it be?
13. If you think that this is really cool, and you KNOW you want to help out, please let me know!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
Leave me a comment and I’ll give you a shout out!