Eating and supporting organic, sustainable food habits is an important piece to a balanced diet. I wanted to share some of the things that I’ve been watching and reading that have impacted my view of food and the environment. I’ll update this post as I encounter more things:
Why Should I Cook for Myself?
- The Kitchen Counter Cooking School: How a Few Simple Lessons Transformed Nine Culinary Novices into Fearless Home Cooks
- French Women Don’t Get Fat
Why Should I Pay Attention to Organic/Unprocessed/Local Foods?
- Food, Inc. (also available on Netflix Instant Watch)
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals
- Ingredients (also available on Netflix Instant Watch)
How Do I Change My Lifestyle?
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life
- Homemade Living: Canning & Preserving with Ashley English: All You Need to Know to Make Jams, Jellies, Pickles, Chutneys & More
- In the Green Kitchen: Techniques to Learn by Heart