Thirteen Things I Have Gained from Blogging
1. In honor of the retirement of the Thursday Thirteen, I figured this was an appropriate theme. And number one on my list is the confidence I have gained from the Thursday Thirteen! My blog wasn’t read by many before the T13, and when the first set of management changes happened, Leanne trusted me enough to be one of the new co-hostesses of the T13! This brought me new readers, thus boosting my confidence. My posts are VERY different now than they were pre-13, and so most of the things I have gained from blogging came out of the T13!!
2. Friendships! I have met so many amazing people through blogging, and that is soooo the stereotypical answer, but it is very true.
3. A new outlet for writing! I used to write creatively alllllll the time, but once I got into college I was writing so much for my classes that I didn’t want to write anymore. Blogging brought me a way to write and enjoy it again, and it’s even renewed my desire to write creatively!
4. My 101 in 1001 has given me a visible platform to write down goals that I’ve been wanting to achieve, and an audience to keep me accountable.
5. The Works-for-Me Wednesday meme has given me so many fantastic tips that I have used in my everyday life!
6. Through blogging I found FlyLady, which is a life altering event! ‘Nuff said!
7. Also through blogging I found Bookcrossing.com, which has revolutionized my thoughts on books and has jumpstarted my pleasure reading, which also stagnated with all my college reading!
8. As I have discussed before, I was very environmentally-conscious when I was younger. Blogging brought that back!
9. As someone who is committed to breast health awareness, blogging has been a great platform for sharing what I know and connecting with women on something that may save their lives!
10. An outlet, of course! When I get excited or worked up about something, online is on of the first places that I go!
11. Blogging has also led me into the world of personal finance management. It’s made me aware as I am leaving college on the importance of saving, budgeting, and investing, something that I will be thankful for for the rest of my life!
12. Blogging on my personal blog has led me to create another blog, Reading Red Letters, my faith blog. This has been a great way to connect with other Christians online, and has led me to many great online blogs and resources that have aided me in my walk.
13. And, in case there was any doubt . . . BLOGGING IS FUN!!!!!!!!!
Thanks so much for a great couple of years with the T13!!! I have so much enjoyed getting to know people, and I hope to stay in touch with you as we continue blogging!!!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
Leave me a comment and I’ll give you a shout out!